When activating your devices in a newrow_ smart room, you might see a Webcam Unavailable popup.
This pop-up displays if your devices are unavailable due to:
- Another app is currently using your webcam and mic
- An installed security suite is blocking access to your devices
Devices are busy
If you are using another application that is accessing your webcam/mic (or recently accessed your camera and mic) such as Skype or similar website/application, then please quit those applications and refresh your newrow_ room.
Internet Security Suites
If you are using an internet security suite it might be blocking access to your webcam.
To allow newrow_ to access your webcam, you will need to disable the security suite function that is blocking access to your webcam.
We have listed some of the most common internet security suites below to walk you through the quick steps to enable your webcam:
- Open AVG Internet Security and click on Privacy
- Click Webcam Protection
- Turn Webcam Protection OFF
- Close AVG Security Suite and refresh your newrow_ room
- Open Bitdefender Internet Security and select the Privacy option
- Click View Features
- Click on the settings icon within the Webcam Protection section
- Turn off the switches corresponding to Block all access to the webcam and Block browsers' access to the webcam
- Close the Bitdefender security suite and refresh your newrow_ room
- open Eset Internet Security and click on Setup in the left side menu
- click on Computer protection
- click on the settings wheel of Webcam protection and then select Configure
- click on Edit to the right of the rules beneath the webcam protection
- check the allow access option to the chrome/firefox application and click ok
- Close Eset Internet Security and refresh your newrow_ room
- Open Kaspersky internet security and click on privacy
- Click on stop blocking
- close Kaspersky internet security and refresh your newrow_ room