newrow_ smart chat is a public forum chat that all course participants can interact with.
Chat is displayed by default when first entering a room. If chat was dismissed then you can display it by doing the following.
- Place your cursor over the minimized room upper bar
- Participant view:
- Moderator view:
Send chat messages
- Select the text entry field at the bottom of chat (where the placeholder text type here... is displayed)
- Type in your message
- Hit the enter or return key on your keyboard
Tip: Hold the shift key + enter/return to break line in your message
Increase/decrease font size
You can control the size of the text in sent and received messages.
Click to increase the size of the font in the chat bubbles.
Click to decrease the size of the font in the chat bubbles.
Clear chat history
Chat is accessible to every participant in the room. When first entering the room, participants see up to the last 20 messages in the chat. Moderators can clear chat history - this does not delete records from analytics, but only clears messages from being displayed in the room.
- As moderator, click the clear all button
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Yes
To hide chat from view, click x in the top right of the chat upper bar or click again.